Our third trip to Europe was our simplest. By now, we had decided that we could cover the bulk of Europe in 5 trips (north, south, east, west, and center):
- Our first, into the heart of Europe,
- The cruise, in which we covered the major southern countries,
- This trip, to the major eastern European cities
- A trip around the western portion: British isles and the coast of France
- A final northern excursion around the Baltic, to include St. Petersburg and Scandinavia
This was our simplest trip because it was the quickest (10 days), and we used a trip planning service (European Destinations) to plan the itinerary. It was simple. We told them the 3 places we wanted to go and when, and it set up the airfare, hotels, and train tickets. We were able to upgrade hotels for a nominal amount and found the total experience to be excellent.